Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of Year Update

As 2008 comes to a close I am still in waiting mode. The Duster is sitting in my shop without a motor controller while I work on other projects around the house. Granted, I have not been extremely motivated to work on automotive projects since the coldness of Winter has set in.

I have heard that LogiSystems recently had a " breakthrough" in diagnosing and repairing their controller design. I have spoken with them a couple of times in the past two weeks, and it seems that they have returned to production mode. I have not heard of anyone getting their repaired controller back yet, so have no reports about the effectiveness of the repairs. I am supposed to find out next week exactly when mine will be repaired and returned to me.

Even though I have a new Curtis controller at the ready, I am content for the time being to wait a while longer to see how the LogiSystems situation plays out. If that is not resolved by the time the weather starts to warm up, I will rewire, install the Curtis and continue on from there. In the mean time, I continue to plan for the eventual testing of the Duster, and applying what I've learned to the next, even greater, EV project.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it.
If LogiSystems take their business a little bit serious, it should be OK...
Looking forward to the test drive results

Daniel Busby said...

I just called Logisystems and they tell me that my controller will ship Friday of next week. I'm sure you were in the queue before me. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works out!

Bruce said...

Hey Daniel,
I called them yesterday. Mine will be going out the same day as yours. I started a thread on diyelectriccar.com here http://www.diyelectriccar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=94134#post94134
Someone posted that they are supposed to receive theirs this week and will test it out this weekend.