Friday, July 25, 2008

A Little Late to the Party


I have been busy researching the specifics for my EV conversion. About the first thing I learned was that parts are very difficult to get. It seems that since about the first of the year, doing EV conversions has become very popular. Many manufacturers are swamped. So what at first appeared to be a 2 week job has now turned into a multiple month project.

I have ordered my electric motor, which will not arrive until sometime in September. On the plus side, this extra time has allowed me to more thoroughly plan out what I intend to do. This will make for a much better job. I have settled on what I think are the best components and methods for my particular conversion. Turns out that it's really a much more complicated job than just pulling out the ol' V8 and inserting an electric motor in its place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello dear uncle--

I really like what you're doing. Watch this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vAPf9V3_li0

It might give you a little insight into the mystery of rising gas prices-- there is, in fact, a reason. My boyfriend researches this stuff and is currently dedicating himself to helping our nation overcome it's oil addiction. Let me know what you think.

Jenni
jenniferperez@umail.ucsb.edu