Monday, November 10, 2008

Armed and Dangerous

I crimped on 21 lugs today and finally got the batteries all wired up. They have held a pretty good charge in the 2½ months since I purchased them. The only high voltage wiring left to complete are the two cables going from the controller to the motor.

I also received and replaced the defective contactor today, so the 12 volt control wiring is just about ready to go. In fact it's almost time for the big road test. After testing, I have lots more to wire up such as the charger, all of the metering and the safety interlock relays. I will also need to perform the adjustment procedure on the motor controller to optimize performance.

1 comment:

Daniel Busby said...

Be sure to document your test drive! I believe you are required to show off your "EV grin" as well. Good work, and good luck!