Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Update


I've been making slow progress over the past few days on preparation for the big road test.



To modify the 12 volt switching control, I had to add a relay and do a little rewiring to the three that I had already installed under the dash.







I have installed most of the under hood 12 volt and 156 volt wiring. I still need to install three safety interlock relays and make the wiring all neat and pretty, but will do that after the test drive.











I have installed and wired up the battery charger. I still have to mount the input connector but will also do that after the testing is complete. I have an interesting idea on how to accomplish this.











I have mounted and wired a small 12 volt 'system' battery. This is really only used to power the system when the battery pack is disconnected. When the battery pack is connected, a DC to DC converter is used to obtain system voltage






I have mounted two 12 volt cooling fans on top of the motor controller. I had forgotten about these when I planned the control layout. Unfortunately, using the standoffs provided with the fans, they sat too high for the hood to close. I am going to solve this problem by mounting the fans at an angle.

1 comment:

Joy said...

know anything about fruit flies? If so let me know @ www.whateversaysi.blogspot.com... oh yeah are you just fixing a car? I know nothing about cars ! =D lol keep up the good work!