Sunday, September 21, 2008

Painful Modifications















It was necessary to cut off the end of the transmission input shaft for it to properly fit into the Lovejoy connector. Some of the modifications I have had to make to the original Mopar parts have bothered me. Somehow it doesn't feel 'right' to cut up a perfectly good part. Cutting this shaft made me feel the same way I did when I cut out the trunk floor - like I was harming an old friend. Well, the truth is, this is only a 3-speed manual transmission which isn't very popular or worth much anyway. Hang in there Old Friend, it will be worth it in the end.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you find you need more strength than the Lovejoy, two spockets coupled with a double row chain works well. If you go that route, I have some double row chain left over from my converion project.