Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Watching the Paint Dry

Now that I have gotten the motor and transmission ready to be installed and the mounting brackets built, I was able to lay out approximately where the underhood battery racks will be located. My next job was going to be the final installation of the motor/transmission assembly. As I was getting ready though, I decided it would be best to paint the parts of the engine bay that I will not be able to get to with the motor installed.

My plan here was to weld up all of the unused holes in the sheet metal and grind them smooth, mask everything off, epoxy prime the bare metal, spray a couple of coats of red and then a couple of coats of clear. You know what? Screw that! I rattle canned it with black and red. I only have so many hours to give to this project and I gave up on perfection a long time ago. I want this Duster on the road!

Okay, just so the reader knows that I could have done the engine bay that way, here is a picture of my ongoing 69 Road Runner project.

No comments: