Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ever Have One of Those Days?

I finally had a day off from my real job today, so I planned to work all day on the battery racks. The first thing I did was tighten down the one in the picture so I could work on the other end of it. When I tightened the nuts, I noticed that I had tacked the frame bracket on crooked. Ok, minor setback.

I removed the rack and cut my tack welds off the bracket. When I went to grind the welds down, my die grinder broke. Ok, another setback. So I went to Home Depot and purchased a new die grinder.

On the way home I stopped to get a Dr Pepper. When I came back outside the store, I noticed coolant leaking out from under my truck. I hurried home before it started to overheat. From what I could see, the coolant was coming from the water pump. Ok, another setback.

I didn't want to waste my whole day off working on my truck, so I took it to a local shop and had them give me a ride back home. By that time, the day was half gone and I had accomplished nothing but spending money I didn't plan on. The thought crossed my mind to NOT work on the Duster for fear of something else going wrong. But after a lunch break, I regrouped and figured the odds were in my favor for the rest of the day. I actually did get some work done without anything else going haywire.

I am posting this to remind myself later that I experienced a lot of unrelated obstacles to accomplishing this conversion.

No comments: