Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Last Battery Rack Problem Solved

I gave up trying to get a brace down to the frame next to the steering box on the 'problem' battery rack. I decided to just weld a bracket to the side of the engine bay, thinking it would be strong enough. Wrong! After I welded it on I had second thoughts and then discovered the 'right' way to do it.

I hate to admit it here, but the solution was pretty simple. I really should have thought of it before I had to cut through all of my welds. But, for some reason I just didn't. Anyway, after I got the bracket off and ground everything smooth again (with my new die grinder), I just drilled two holes and put bolts through the bracket, the engine bay, and through the shock mount on the outside of the engine bay. This will be plenty strong enough.

No comments: