Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Some Comments on Safety Concerns

The Electric Duster has received quite a bit of exposure lately. Some of the comments I have received bring up safety concerns. Safety is a top priority for me, so I wanted to take a minute to address that topic.

All batteries will be restrained at the top so there will be no chance of them flying in a collision. No batteries or high voltage/current will enter the passenger compartment. There are redundant power shut offs built into the wiring plan. There will be a possibility of acid leaking out as the result of a collision, but with the additional vehicle weight and a very low center of gravity, the car will be extremely difficult to turn over, which would be the worst case scenario.

I am constantly reading and researching other electric conversions so that I can incorporate the best ideas that others have used concerning safety.

No comments: